Baking is one of the most simultaneously fun and relaxing hobbies that you can take up — and of course, the best part is that it results in both delicious sweets and savory goods that you can indulge in at the end of the day!
But baking can also be wasteful and expensive, especially if you love experimenting with different recipes and incorporating global flavors into your baking projects. What are you supposed to do with all those extra ingredients that you’ll probably only use once?
The best answer: buy a baking box kit instead!
Why you should buy a baking box kit
Traditionally, baking a new recipe requires planning, shopping, and foresight. You would first need to find a recipe. Then, if you didn’t already have all the ingredients on hand, you would need to head to the grocery store … and if the recipe that you’re working with requires special ingredients (think matcha and sweet rice flour for a Matcha Mochi Cake, or rose water and cardamom for a Persian Love Cake), you might end up shelling out a hefty sum to buy a huge cache of ingredients that you’d only realistically use once.
Here’s why a baking box kit is a great alternative:
- It’s less wasteful – Because baking kits are packaged so that you have all the ingredients you need in the exact measurements the recipes require, you won’t have to buy large batches of ingredients and end up with a ton of excess that’ll sit in your pantry or fridge until they eventually go bad.
- It’s cost-effective – Less waste also means that it’s better for your wallet!
- It’s great for experimenting – Do you have an adventurous culinary side? Are you always looking to make show-stopping desserts? A good baking box subscription with curated recipes is an excellent choice for branching out and trying new flavors that you might not otherwise come across while searching for your next baking project!
- It’s awesome for beginners – If you’re brand-new to baking, you really can’t go wrong with a good baking box kit. With simple, easy-to-follow recipes and the majority of your ingredients already portioned out and provided, it’s a foolproof way to begin your newfound baking hobby.
- It makes for an excellent gift – If you have a special someone in your life who loves to bake, a baking box kit is the perfect thoughtful gift. They get to experiment and play with their baking tools, and get some sweet treats out of it. If you’re lucky, you might even get to try some desserts as a result!
The Overall Best Baking Box Kit Subscription: BāKIT Box
Whether you love your treats sweet or savory, and whether you crave classic comfort foods or would rather explore the world via your taste buds, you truly can’t go wrong with a BāKIT Box subscription.
BāKIT Box curates a collection of delicious and decadent recipes every single month, then ships you nearly everything that you need to make them without ever having to leave your house. You can either buy recipes a la carte or, better yet, get a subscription. With a subscription, you’ll get 2-3 recipe boxes every month, free shipping, and access to exclusive recipes so you can branch out and experiment with fun, delicious baking projects.
The best part: not only do you get kits for comforting fan favorites like chocolate chip cookies and vanilla cake, but you’ll also get to try your hand at making different sweet and savory baked goods inspired by global flavors. It’s the perfect baking kit no matter what your baking expertise is and what your favorite flavors are!
More Baking Kits To Check Out
For Bread Lovers: Artisan Sourdough Beginners Kit
Has there been a trendier breadmaking hobby in the past couple of years than sourdough? We don’t think so!
Making sourdough is a bit more complex than other types of bread baking since it requires a specialized sourdough starter rather than yeast. If you want to finally try your hand at 2020’s biggest baking craze, look no further than this DIY sourdough bread starter kit by Cultures For Health. It includes almost everything you’ll need to start baking a delicious loaf of artisanal sourdough, like a sourdough starter, baker’s scale, and a dough scraper. It’s sourdough made easy!
For Plant-Based Bakers: Cake in a Crate
Plant-based lifestyles are becoming more and more popular, so it’s only right that there are appropriate baking kits to match. Cake in a Crate provides vegan-friendly baking kits for tasty treats that don’t include animal-based products, making it an excellent choice for people who are looking to expand their baking expertise to align with a plant-based lifestyle. With a wide range of delectable vegan goodies like New York Cheesecakes, Chocolate Silk Pies, and Caramel Apple Spice Cakes, these kits are a great way to experiment with vegan baking techniques without sacrificing on the decadence.
Best Spice Kit: The Baking Box by Spice Tribe
For the established baker who wants to expand their usual arsenal of flavors, consider this box of baker-friendly spices by Spice Tribe. It includes three carefully curated spice blends to add depth and flavor to your baking: Island Nutmeg from Sangihe Island in the Indonesian archipelago, Padang Cassia Cinnamon from the Kerinci Valley of Sumatra, Indonesia, and Oasis Coriander Seeds from the fertile Nile River Valley. It’s a great way to add dimension and depth to your favorite recipes.
Gluten-Free Option: Simply Flourless
For all the gluten-free bakers out there, consider a baking kit like Simply Flourless. It features a wide array of sweet and savory baking options so that you can enjoy your favorite baked goods without worrying about changing recipes to accommodate your gluten-free lifestyle.
Bonus: Flax and Oat Dog Biscuit Set
Don’t leave Fido out of your baking fun! This dog biscuit set from King Arthur contains a dog biscuit mix and an adorable cookie pan that makes bone-shaped biscuits.
It doesn’t get much better than getting your favorite sweets and treats delivered right to your door! With a baking box kit like BāKIT Box or these other great options, you’ll have almost all the tools you need to create memories and delicious food in your kitchen.